Catherine was integral to the consolidation of our law offices and since that time has been a highly effective “change agent”, streamlining processes and procedures, and significantly improving the overall sophistication of the firm.
Business Development and Marketing
- Website Services and Setup Consulting
- Social Media Marketing Setup and Management
- Marketing Events and Trade Shows
- Marketing Plans and Budgets
- New Business Setups
- Business Plans and Banking Setup
- Existing Business Growth & Improvements
- Winding Up of Businesses, Branch Offices, Departments/Practice or Product Areas
- General Administration and Operations Management
- Outsourcing Services Options and Recommendations
- Interdepartmental Cooperation and Efficiencies
- Owner/Executive/Sales Representative/Contractor Compensation Structures
- Vendor Relations and Strategic Partnerships
- Change Management
- Renovations and New Construction
- Events Planning, Organization & Execution
- Retreats and Employee Events
Financial Management Consulting
- Set Up of Books/Accounting Systems
- Training of Accounting Staff/Employees
- Accounts Receivable and Payable Setup and Management
- Credit and Collections Systems and Procedures
- Set Up of Budgets/Forecasting Tools and Accountability Reporting
- Special Financial Analyses and Reporting
- Expense Analyses and Recommendations
Human Resources Management
- Hiring and Placement of Personnel
- Staff Training and Professional Development
- Payroll Setup and Training
- Competitive Compensation Research and Implementation
- Corporate Guidelines and Manuals (Intranet and/or Physical)
- Employee Reviews and Feedback Systems and Procedures
Information Systems and Information Technology Consulting*
Office Services and Facilities Setup and Consulting
Legal Administrative Management Consulting:
- Conflict Checking and Client ID & Verifications Procedures and Training
- Trust Accounting Setup and Management
- Practice Group Setup and Management
- Practice Area Setup and Management and Workflow Efficiencies
- Lawyer Professional Development
- Coaching and Mentoring Programs
- Corporate Services and Conveyancing Departments Setup and Improvements
- Special Legal Software Recommendations, Consulting and Training
- Partner Compensation Systems and Partnership Communication Issues
* May recommend associated consultant services for specialized work.
Catherine has impressive and measurable results from her many years in leading firms to increased profitability. She is both detail and big picture oriented, and when coupled with her depth of knowledge in professional services management, Catherine brings tremendous knowledge and value in all operational areas. Having worked with Catherine for many years, I’ve seen her intellect in action and also her sensitivity in bringing out the best in the people she works with – her team, her colleagues and lawyers alike. Catherine is a rare talent.
If you are interested in hearing me speak on any topic outlined on my consulting services page, I would be happy to tailor a presentation specifically for your group, association or clientele.
Please contact me directly via telephone (604-351-9130) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss your ideas and your needs.
Catherine Jacobs is the consummate professional in her role at the helm of a law firm. She understands well the nuances of working with people to both get the best from them as well as to enable their individual and team-based success. I have worked with her in various roles and in every instance, she brings to bear her ability to utilize a combination of existing and emergent technology to capacitate an effective and efficient work environment. Catherine knows how to evolve a firm, is a strong change management advocate and would be an ideal champion for any firm looking to navigate their way through the COVID crisis or to evolve/grow in general. Any firm would be fortunate to be able to draw upon her expertise and keen understanding of the management of a successful firm.
I believe that working with vendors collaboratively is important for any business. Having excellent communication with vendors is imperative. Suppliers and vendors provide invaluable products and services to businesses and, therefore, it is important to develop trust and communication with each other. You way even want to develop strategic alliances with your customers, engaging in co-marketing initiatives and reciprocal website acknowledgements.
I offer consulting services to suppliers and vendors of law firms and corporations to learn what your customers/clients really want, how they make decisions on purchasing or choosing specific vendors, how you can offer added services such as site visits or free training sessions (lunch ‘n learns, seminars) and how to establish great communication and trust with your customers/clients.
Should you be a vendor or supplier to a law firm or business and would like some insight on how to work with your clients, I am prepared and qualified to answer your questions.